EDUC 230 Teaching with Multimedia Technology

3D PROJECT

Using the program “Tinkercad” I was able to come up with the idea of creating a MyPlate. Having the students to understand in more details on what’s on their plates, from fruits, vegetables, grains, protein foods. For my 3D project I’d displayed how to choose shapes, colors, text, and how to use the rotations as an option in creating a MyPlate. Students will learn how to utilize 3D software to design a MyPlate to strengthening their knowledge of future health outcomes.

My intentions are to model the software of tinkercad to display methods for obtaining adequate nutrition. Which were geared towards the Learning Standards for Health, PE, and Family & Consumer Sciences for High School students. It is a wonderful way for students to use not just their creativity but their knowledge on health and fitness in order to develop a MyPlate. For example, students should know the difference nutrients on their plates. Students will then create a MyPlate and explain nutrient facts of healthier foods. Once students create the MyPlate, it can help them explore and answers questions relating to their own health and fitness. The MyPlate is a great way for students to intake and investigate their options to improve their diets. 

The MyPlate are very simple to create and use on the tinkercad website. There are ways of navigating and selecting certain objects on the screen. First teach the students how to use the viewing cube to see different angles, zooming in and out, and how to rotate the texts. Secondly, have the students practice learning how to align objects for our MyPlate by putting an adjusting four squares and changing their colors. Third would be to click on the text so that you can label your squares. Once you complete your word you can zoom in to rotate up to place in front of your square.

Repeats these steps until you are finish with all four parts. The fourth step would be once your squares are completed you can use a tube to place in front of the four squares to give it a more of a 3D affect. Now you can adjust the place or the squares to fill in the gaps to give it more of 3D MyPlate.

As a future educator it’s my dedication to my students that strengthens my teaching abilities. To help our students in the most effective way is to be patience and use instructional strategies to improve positive learning. Majority of our students are motivated and actively engaged when learning. Students in High Schools are easily persuade to by what’s in there environments to eat. When it comes to fast food restaurants, aids on YouTube about food or advertisement from using a application on their electronics, and even a commercial of McDonalds. The MyPlate will provide the students to get the mental picture in their heads of the right foods to eat. Incorporating meaningful content of healthy and physical active lifestyles. 

Furthermore, as the MyPlate design may look easy to create. It was a very tiresome experience but the process of completing the project was reinforcing. It had it’s moments when it was impossible to even out each shape of the MyPlate. To create the actual plate wasn’t too difficult to align an oval shape around all four parts of the plate. Below you will see the final image of the MyPlate. 

In the first picture: 

In the next picture:

In the last picture:

In conclusion of the MyPlate it brought the picture of seeing in their minds to life. It’s not just what you eat it’s how you are able to make smarter decisions on what you eat. To benefit your health on a higher level with fewer risks of getting certain diseases. However, the MyPlate is a way for students to actually take the time to understand the benefits and risks they face when eating certain foods. The MyPlate is a virtual visual of nutrients that’s on the student’s plates. 

Link to my 3D Project: 

https://www.tinkercad.com/things/cWz4b2iTBLG-guide-to-better-nutrition-ii/edit  

Link to my Lesson Plan: 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1irmZy79P-iwMMwP01KohULQeNN-ymO_yW9YMxLUUrVE/edit?usp=sharing