EDUC 230 Teaching with Multimedia Technology

Technology Sample One

For my first technology sample, I decided to make a spreadsheet. Within this project, I definitely appreciate using “Excel.com”. The purpose of using this site was to guide and prepare students for their potential futures. It is setup for students in High School on a junior or senior level. I chose to create the spreadsheet because students should be aware of what they could possible encounter after High School.   

First, I wanted to use Excel to give students a better understanding beyond their measures for finance purposes. To avoid the worse-case scenario of not being on top of what’s being spent each month. Student should have the opportunity to learn every possibility to avoid financial crisis. Using the Excel spreadsheet it gives them extra support to visualize what bills they could possibly have for the future. 

Secondly, I wanted to us Excel to improve student’s strategies for meeting their finance goals. Developing students learning through time of focus using excel logical and using financial formulas. This site is beneficial to student’s but it could also be a technology tool that other teachers can use in their classrooms. As a future physical educator, I find excel would be useful when teaching classes for tracking my student’s attendance. Another way I would find excel useful is to track my student’s grades on certain activities that test their abilities for agility, strength, and balancing. A potential project idea would be to use excel to create spreadsheets of calculations and charts. Lastly, excel could be useful to record observations and assessments of my student’s participation.  

Here below is a picture displaying my technology sample: 

In my conclusion, my objectives throughout the course of Education 230 is to use what I’ve learned when using technology tools. Calculating the sum of monthly expenses and could be one useful step for students. To have the chance to understand how to stay on top of their expenses. By representing numeric data in multiple formats and using formulas and functions. Functions that the students are able to understand the information of mathematical computations. Another way student’s could use excel would be to learn how to use spreadsheets to measure their own body mass index and classify their range of underweight, normal, overweight, or obese.

Here below is the link to my technology sample: https://yorkmailcuny-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/billyd_davis_yorkmail_cuny_edu/ESGlQKBeGA5OtBD0T-_6KucBF7t2sD8ynXdC_7EPlOxcsg?e=D9PXIB